Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Read - City of Bones, Michael Connelly

I love crime/detective noir.  About a year ago I began reading Michael Connelly and I fell in love with this genre.  In an attempt to understand Connelly's predecessors I stopped reading him and began reading other noir authors.  Last week I finished my journey through noir and came back to Connelly.  City of Bones is my second of three books by Connelly.  Last week I read A Darkness Greater Than Night.  Michael Connelly has created a modern noir detective in Harry Bosch in the shadow of Chandler and Hamnett.

In this novel Bosch hunts down the killer of a ten year old boy with a past of broken bones and failed dreams.  The boy has been dead twenty years, but Bosch is determined to find his killer.  Unfortunately it only leads him through more sadness, death and abuse.  The City of Bones is Los Angelas and the world of Harry Bosch.  I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment